As of March 22, 2021, the library is providing
to the public during limited hours
the library is closed to the public (see below)
IF WE ARE OPEN (GREEN and YELLOW)
- The Front of Yonge Library will be OPEN to the public during regular hours.
- A limit of 8 people in the library at a time.
- Customers are asked to use the provided hand sanitizer and wear a mask at all times while in the library.
- We expect people to practice physical distancing by staying at least 2 meters (about 47 library books) from other people who are not from their bubble.
- Returned books and items used in the library for longer than 30 minutes will be properly isolated before they are checked in and recirculate.
- The public washrooms are open and are sanitized at the beginning of each day the library is open.
- Contact tracing information is collected.
- Most toys and all puzzles and games are unavailable for use. A small basket of washable toys is available upon request.
- Curbside Pick-up is always available when requested.
IF WE ARE PROVIDING CURBSIDE (ORANGE and RED)
The library will be staffed daytime hours to provide CURBSIDE service to our patrons.
Tuesday 9am to 1pm
Thursday 1pm to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 1pm
Additional times may be provided upon request
The building is closed to the public.
Items can be requested by phone call, email, and through our Facebook site.
Interlibrary requests, museum passes, and many Action Packs are not available during Curbside.
Appointments to pick up materials will be set up when you are contacted that your items are ready for pick-up.
The Library will not be accepting book or material donations during Curbside service.
Staff has been trained on how to safely operate within the guidelines and everyone is expected to follow physical distancing rules at all times.
Special arrangements may be made for delivery.